Do you meditate? In the video below, news anchor Dan Harris explains the many benefits of daily meditation, and why it is being used by more and more people all around the world.
* boost your immune system
* lower your blood pressure
* help you deal with a wide range of physical problems, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Psoriasis
…and help with many mental and emotional issues.
Whether you’ve taken on a new profession like teaching, become a parent for the first time, or been promoted to the head of your company, earning the trust of others you influence is now a crucial part of your life. You’re at the stage where you have to gain the trust of others in order to be effective.
If this is the first time you’ve been in this position, you’ll probably have concerns about whether or not you have what it takes to inspire others to trust you. The good news is that you probably do. You probably already have the inborn skills to inspire trust.
Follow these strategies to better develop these skills and earn the trust you seek:
Lower your blood pressure with the DASH diet. It stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, but it’s an ideal eating style for everybody. In fact, U.S. News and World Report ranked it the best and healthiest diet plan. These are some suggestions for how to get started.
Eating On The DASH Diet
1. Make a calorie plan. The DASH diet is based on a recommended number of servings from various food groups. Once you determine how many calories you need to consume, it’s easy to plan your meals and snacks around any foods you prefer. CLICK HERE to continue reading: “Maintain Optimum Health with the DASH Diet…”
Have you ever found yourself in a position where change was inevitable? You may have felt annoyed, frustrated, or even scared about how that part of your life was going to change. Maybe you felt trapped—the change was going to happen whether you liked it or not. If you rebelled against the change, you know how alarming these types of situations can be.
You might have felt out of sorts or stressed out for days, weeks, or even months. But what if you were to undergo a paradigm shift and begin to view change as opportunity? What if you could reach out and embrace change with open arms?
Read on for some mind-expanding, eye-opening ways to regard change as opportunity in your life:
CLICK HERE to continue reading: “8 Strategies to Open Your Mind to Change…”
Regardless of how calm you are most of the time, you might still have those moments when your frustration level seems to go sky high. The challenging aspect of feeling frustrated is the urgency you feel to express those upsetting feelings.
However, you’ve no doubt learned you’ve got to “keep a lid on” your feelings in certain situations because, if you don’t, you only create more difficulties for yourself.
In such exasperating times, try these strategies to handle your frustrations:
1. Take some deep breaths. Although this strategy sounds like it might not help at all, the fact is that breathing techniques really work. If you use the wellness guru, Andrew Weil’s, “4-7-8” technique for breathing, you’ll discover you can calm yourself down rather quickly. Here’s how it works:
- Breathe in through your nose to the count of 4.
- Then, hold in your breath to the count of 7.
- Finally, breathe out through your mouth to the count of 8. Focus on blowing out all of the air from your lungs in this step.
- If you take four 4-7-8 breaths in a row, your frustration will likely dissipate and you’ll feel better.